Center for Research and Historiography, Kaohsiung (hereinafter referred to as The Center) is found to preserve academic monographs and history researches and to inherit historical memory of Kaohsiung. The Center had cooperated with National Taiwan University, National Taiwan Library, foreign and domestic eminent libraries, research institutions to publish and accumulate momentous historiographies of Takao area ("Kaohsiung city" at present), such as, "Historical Materials of Takao area During Anti-Japanese War In 1895", local newspaper published during the war "Kaohsiung News (1934-1944)", atlas collection "Historical Atlas of Kaohsiung", the series of construction of Kaohsiung Port "Historical Materials about Construction of Takao Port" et cetera.

The Center assembles significant atlas and tomes of series of historiography, for instance Tainan News, Taiwan Daily, 228 Incident related files, local gazetteers, Historical Material of Taiwan after WWII. The Center is divided into four areas, General Collection, Compact Stock, Information Access and Kaohsiung Publication in preparation, where it provides a convenient using environment and gathers up publication of schools and organizations in Kaohsiung. The Information Access area provides personal computers for readers to search periodical database and Taiwan History Database Collection.

The Center aims to provide an area for research-using and to strengthen local writing morale to the publics; moreover, it tries to balance the differences in researching resources between northern and southern Taiwan and give an impetus to internationalization of Kaohsiung City.

Visiting Information
Opening Hours: Tuesday-Sunday, 9:00-17:00
(Closed on Mondays and National Holidays)
Address: No. 272, Jhongjheng 4th Rd., Yancheng Dist., Kaohsiung City, 80347, Taiwan.
Tel: +886-7-5312560 ext. 315, 330
Fax: +886-7-5315861
Free of charge.
To Top